Tuesday 13 May 2014

Natural Beauty Look


This look is quite simple, however the key tool is highlighting. Sorry if any explanations are confusing, but I've linked a YouTube video and all the products if you want to research them further. 

1) Firstly I moisturised my face with Lacura Aqua-Complete Moisturiser. This item needs a special mention - it is £1.99 from Aldi (also available at some online retailers) and is truly the best and cheapest moisturiser I have ever used. It's light, refreshing and does the trick - I haven't met anyone who has a bad thing to say about it. Even though I used tinted moisturiser for this look, I feel like it never quite has the same effect as a regular moisturiser so I do both. 

2) I applied Nivea Daily Essentials Tinted Moisturiser using the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge - there is no place this sponge can't reach (on your face, of course)! I put the moisturiser on the back of my hand first, as it is much easier to control and spread. 

3) I then apply Garnier Roll On Anti-Dark Circles under my eyes and leave it to sit for a few minutes before I blend it in. I find that when I blend it straight away, it doesn't cover my dark circles as well. While I'm waiting for it to set, I do my eyebrows using Beauty UK Hi-Brow Kit - it comes with wax to set the brow powder in place so I don't have to worry about my brows travelling across my face over the course of the day. 

4) I carefully dab the under eye roll on with the make up sponge. I curl my lashes using the Cosmopolitan Maximum Effect Lash Curler and apply Barry M White Kohl Pencil to my eye line to make my eyes seem more awake. 

5) From the Sleek Au Naturel Eye-shadow Palette, I use the Taupe shade (the sparkly beige shade, top right) and blend it in using the Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush. To see all the shades from the palette see my earlier post. Don't go over the brow bone, otherwise the look will be too dramatic. With the Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush I apply Mineral Earth (bottom row, 3rd from right) just above my lash line. It's a substitute for eye liner, so just apply it like liquid liner. Nougat (a white shade top left) looks great blended into the tear duct for a bright-eyed look. I blended it all in with a Shading Brush

6)I applied Benefit They're Real Mascara in a zig-zag movement on my top lashes. In order to keep the look more natural, don't re-insert the wand in the tube to do the lower lashes.

7)  I then ran YSL Touche Eclat in shade 2 down the middle of my nose, just underneath my eyebrows, below my mouth and under my eye. The Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush is great for contouring - I applied MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Bronzer in Give Me Sun! down each side of my nose and kept going until both sides joined at the tip of my nose. Then I sucked my cheeks in (pout!) and drew a line cross my cheeks. I did the same with my temples, my hairline and jawline. Carli Bybel has a great tutorial on this technique

8) Blend blend blend! I blended my cheeks using the Retractable Kabuki Brush. As for everything else, I use the Stippling Brush. Yes, I do love me some Real Techniques. Using their Blush Brush, I applied Sleek Blush By 3 in Pink Lemonade to my cheeks to give a rosy glow. 

9) To set the look in place, I dusted my face with MAC Studio Fix Powder in NW20 with the RT Powder Brush

10) Oh, and I put Vaseline Lip Therapy on my lips. Never forget the Vaseline. 




G x

1 comment:

  1. Nice makeup look! :)

    http://blossomofparis.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete